Create a beautiful focal point for your bedroom with a custom headboard. You’ll learn how to use a cover stitch with heavy decorative thread to give your fabric a wonderful texture.
Headboard by Stephanie Struckmann, Totally Stitchin’ Blogger
- Baby Lock® Ovation Serger
- Cover Chain Stitch Foot for your Ovation
- 2 cones Madeira® Aerolock Premium Serger Thread
- 2 to 3 spools Madeira® Decora No. 6 Thread of desired coordinating/accent color.
- Fabric – See step 1 for measurements
- Wood – 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick wood board for headboard base
- Foam or mattress pad
- Muslin (optional)
- Large clear ruler with angles marked on it (see step 2)
- Marking utensil
- Staple gun and staples
- Spray adhesive
- French Cleats